Monday, August 23, 2010

Floors Part II

My husband and I ran out of "renovation steam" and wanted to pay off a few of the earlier projects before starting the floors on the second level. As the nicer weather was approaching we were having more and more house guests, which is something we absolutely LOVE! We love seeing and hosting our friends from out of town and it gives us a convenient excuse to take the weekend off of renovating. However, we started to get the itch and since we were running out of weekends to work on the house we decided to take a week off of work and rip up the hard wood on the second floor. We had the same plan to do all the prep work and hire the same crew to install the floors in a day. During this week, we moved all of our belongings to the third floor. My dreams of having a beautiful master bedroom are getting closer but the dream is even more vivid after spending so much time in the attic!

Something I haven't mentioned yet... when we first visited our house, during the open house I was having a difficult time seeing it's potential. By the time we reached the third floor, it was giving me the heebie jeebies and I looked at my husband and said "let's get out of here". Now, we have set up shop in that very room that creeped me out and it couldn't feel cozier but I am ready to move back to the master at any time!

No comments:

Post a Comment