Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Versatile Blogger Award

I'm honoured to be awarded as a versatile blogger by Roncy Vic over at Roncesvalles Victorian Reno Diary, one of the blogs I follow.  I feel undeserving since I am horrible at keeping the blog up to date. Thank you nonetheless to Roncy Vic for the nomination.  Since I started this blog to keep friends and family up to date with our house renos but ended up with a few additional readers, it is too difficult to come up with 7 things that both groups wouldn't know about me so I will try to mix it up a little.

1- I love google reader and follow several blogs daily.  I admire those bloggers that post daily. At this point, I don't aspire to do so myself but perhaps if I could make it my job, I would feel differently.

2- I am 39 weeks pregnant and I have an identical twin who is also pregnant (33 weeks).

3- I am not very good at interior decorating/design as I never really have a vision for the rooms.  I love seeing other bloggers progress and the thought and planning that goes into each space. I'm not sure that I have the patience to plan my own space. Only time will tell!

4- I am excited to become a mom, although I still can't picture what my life is going to be like.  I don't plan on turning my reno blog into a space where I update about my new life as a mom, however I can see myself potentially starting a new bog for that reason.

5- I love getting a deal on big purchases.  I am not the best negotiator so I usually walk away while my husband negotiates and am usually thrilled with the results.

6- I like a good challenge and have challenged myself physically with a couple of half marathons and a triathlon. I am trying to think of labour as the same type of challenge.

7- Socializing is my livelihood and I blame that on being a twin. I have an older sister as well so we grew up in a house full of girls (my poor dad).  I think this is why I was a little taken aback to find out I was having a boy.

Many of the bloggers I follow have already posted their 7 "things" which I really enjoyed learning... keep them coming! I'll be back soon, if we have time for any last minute renos before the little one arrives.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Katie, I just noticed that you're my newest member and I wanted to come check out your blog! Congratulations on becoming a mum very soon! My sister is 5 months along now so I'm living vicariously through her. Love your blog and have added it to my reading list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to you and your sister!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Katie,
    I know you are probably very busy with other things right now and that you already got a Versatile Blogger Award, but I just wanted to let you know that I have passed along a Liebster Award to you as well. Hope you're well!
    Keira
    http://bennetthousediary.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Katie,

    I appreciate you sharing your knowledge and I wanted to say that I think your blog is great. Your blog offers some really great ideas on DIY home renovation.

    We’ve taken a read through your blog and we think you’ve done a fantastic job covering topics that our brand's audience of Canadian parents would also be interested in learning about. It would be great if you could join our community to help educate, inform and converse with other parents and thought leaders who write about home decor from a parent's perspective.

    If you would like to learn more about this, please send an email to info @atomicreach.com

    Sincerely,
    Tina

    ReplyDelete