Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Absence makes the heart grow fonder?

I haven't posted in a while for a couple reasons...one, Chris and I took a well-needed week vacation to Mexico and two, we haven't really been doing much work around the house.  This weekend however, we visited Home Depot and brought along the running list of items needed for the house.  I forgot how much I liked going there.  Not so much the act of being at Home Depot but everything you can accomplish once you've returned.  Here is a list of tasks we completed over the weekend:

1) Fixed the kitchen sink that had been leaking for months.  We can safely remove the bucket and stop telling people to use the right sink only!
2) Replace the halogen light bulb above the sink.
3) Painted the white lines left behind from the painters tape in the living room.
4) Rearranged the living room furniture
5) Mounted the tv... which led to a visit to ikea, to find the perfect tv stand.
6) Put together the "tv stand" which is actually a beautiful book case... which led to another trip back to Ikea.
7) Sought out a piece to match the book shelf that would even out the other wall (beside the tv).
8) Purchased drapery hardware (still no curtains though)

And here is the end result:

Before
After


6 comments:

  1. Glad to see you posting again. Where did you go in Mexico? I want to move there someday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!! We were losing steam I guess. We went to Cancun. We did not stay in an all-inclusive so we went off resort for most of our meals. Great food, great weather, very Americanized though. It was what we were looking for but I know Mexico had a lot of other great cities to offer.

    By the way, you guys are making great progress on your place!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh I'm glad you had a holiday! Will refresh you and get you ready for more renos!

    I like what you have done so far - do you have any other plans for the tv wall?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome! You got so much done, and your living room looks much brighter and spacious. Congrats!
    PS: Who wouldn't want to go back to IKEA, love that place ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. LifeBegins@Thirty -Thanks! and I am not sure about the tv wall. I welcome any suggestions!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, I really like the final look! Looks stylish and nice. Talking about stylish... I received a very stylish enamel sign from Ramsign (http://www.ramsign.com) last Friday and it looks great on the door. Love it :)

    ReplyDelete