|Diy Hutch in progress|
When we returned from our walk, we noticed a fire truck on our street. I looked at Chris and said, "that's never a good sign..." and before I could finish my sentence I noticed some neighbors gathered on our lawn and a group of fire fighters walking out our front door. As it turns out, our neighbors who are attached to us smelled a strong smell in their house and thought it was a gas leak. She had noticed me come home but had not seen us leave with the dog. When she knocked on our door, she could see my purse and phone and with no answer, feared that I was in the house passed out from the "gas". She called 9-1-1 and the fire fighters came, broke in through the opened basement window, and toured our house. They knew the smell immediately and even complimented Chris on the hutch. Luckily, no one was hurt, our house is still standing, and no charges were laid. We have taken a break on the staining though so you'll have to wait to see the finished product.